As part of the Digital India initiative of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, NIC has developed the e-Hospital, e-BloodBank and Online Registration System (ORS) applications, with the vision to improve the delivery of healthcare services to the citizens across the country.
The e-Hospital application is the cloud-based Hospital Management Information System for digitization of internal workflows and processes of hospitals, hosted at NIC's National Cloud MeghRaj, built on a decentralized multi-instance architecture being used by over 268 hospitals across the country.
The e-Hospital system is a one-stop solution which helps in connecting patients, hospitals and doctors on a single digital platform.
The e-Hospital project was initiated with the following objectives:
1. To provide the e-Hospital, e-BloodBank and ORS applications to government hospitals.
2. To provide online patient portal for delivery of citizen centric services like online appointment booking, access to lab reports online and blood availability status.
3. To provide application related technical support to the hospitals through dedicated Call Centre/ Helpdesk.
1. Patient Registration (OPD, Casualty, Appointment & ORS) : The patient registration module of the e-Hospital application is used for patient registration in the OPD and Casualty departments as well as to book, confirm and cancel appointments.
2. Admission, Discharge & Transfer (IPD): The IPD module commences when the patient is being registered and allotted bed in the ward. It deals with the complete treatment and services provided to the patient during his stay in the hospital.
3. Billing: The Billing module handles all types of billing workflows. This module facilitates cashier and billing operators for managing billing functions related to billing receipts and refunds.
4. Clinic (OPD & IPD): The Clinic module allows the clinicians and doctors to record the clinical data of the patients like visits, examination, diagnosis, history, treatment, prescriptions etc., and to order investigations, procedures and medicines, to keep track of the treatment and other services provided to the patients.
5. Lab Information System (LIS): The Lab module automates the manual procedures used in the following laboratory areas: ordering of tests and procedures on patient specimens, collection and accessioning of specimens into the laboratory database, processing and analysis in appropriate department or work areas, review and verification of results, reporting of results and/or diagnoses for clinical treatment.
6. Store & Pharmacy: The Store & Pharmacy module is used for managing the stores and pharmacies along with generating indents and procuring/providing store items and medicines.
7. Radiology Information System (RIS) : The Radiology module automates the manual procedures used in the radiology services: ordering and scheduling of tests and procedures, review and verification of results, reporting of results and/or diagnoses for clinical treatment.
8. OT Management: The OT Management module records the clinical notes of patients and workflows of operation theatres in the hospitals.
9. Dietary : The dietary module automates the functions of dietary services provided to the patients in the hospitals.
10. Laundry : The laundry module automates the functions and workflows of laundry services in the hospitals.
For more Information :
Website address : https://ehospital.gov.in/ehospitalsso/
Dashboard : https://dashboard.ehospital.gov.in/dashboard-testing2/